Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 4

I'm discovering lots of new things about myself. Yesterday I actually found myself becoming a bit compulsive about the cleaning thing. I did three loads of laundry, washed, dried AND folded and even put away. I tried to watch TV when there was laundry in the dryer and found myself just thinking about that laundry needing to be folded instead of enjoying my show. This is SO not like me! So I went downstairs and folded the laundry and put it away and wiped the counter (again) and picked up the bit of lint off the carpet and straightened up a bit then went back upstairs. It's weird that I could relax and unwind better when the house was a total disaster than now when things are squeaky clean and I should have no guilt in sitting down, but feel I can't totally relax. Hmm. Maybe this will pass.

Everyone has really stepped it up around here. Maybe they're afraid of that naggy lady that's showed up at their house. I dunno.

Here's some tips that are helping me with this project: throw stuff away if it isn't used (that feels good), use drawer space for stuff that's used, not for stuff that's stored, keep cloths and cleaning supplies upstairs for the bathrooms so the lazy lady doesn't have to go downstairs to fetch it, wash the pan right after it's used (new concept) it's actually easier! Whoa.

In other news, Lauren got asked out to the Christmas dance last night by Daniel Carter. He's the son of good friends of mine, Karen and John. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment